Monday, March 22, 2010

Journaling about school

I can remember one time when I was feeling sick, and I knew I had a fever. I told the teacher I was sure I had a fever, and asked her to take my temperature and call my mother to pick me up. The teacher accused me of making it up, to get out of circle time. I challenged her again to check my temperature to see who was right, but she refused. This is when I had it. I stormed into the principals office and told him the situation. He told me to go back and join the group. This pushed me over the edge, so I climbed up his file cabinet, and jumped down, his face as my landing target. My feet happened to land right on his mouth, knocking out his front teeth. He was forced to call my mother at this point. When she came in, they told her I needed phyciatric counseling because I showed signs of being "aggressive and unstable". My mother was furious because she saw the reason behind my actions, and took my side. She knew that even though I was a "just a child", I knew my body and I should be respected and listened to. Of course, she told me that violence shouldn't be the answer, but she did laugh and say I sure figured out a way to get them to contact her.

No comments:

Post a Comment